Meet the Minister
Rev. Drew McNeill was appointed to the MSU Wesley Foundation as Campus Minister in July of 2005. He is an ordained Deacon in the United Methodist Church… an alumnus of Asbury Theological Seminary (class of ’04) and a Morehead State University Alumnus, graduating with his Bachelor of Music Education degree in May of ’89. His wife, Mary Ellen, is also an Alumnus of MSU’s Music Department (class of ’91) and they have been married for over thirty years (YEA!!!) Their three children and son-in-law have been active in campus ministry since they were young.
It was through the ministry of the Methodist Student Center (then known as Wesley Foundation) that they later discerned the Lord’s call on their lives. Having a passion for worship as well as Christian discipleship, it is their desire to enable college students to “grow in their grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18). It is also their prayer that pre-believers will come to know and experience Jesus as “the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (John 14:6).
Ministry Team! This is the student lead servant-leadership Team. They are the ‘Think-Tank’ to help Rev. Drew McNeill discern the Lord’s directions for the current semester, initiate activities, and much more. They are the REAL ‘campus ministers’ in terms of impacting their peer group with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- President – Abigail Perry
- Vice President – John Kelly
- Secretary – Beth Price
- Treasurer – Hannah Weatherly
- Greek Ambassador Intern – Lauren Bevins
- Athlete Ambassador Intern – Garrett Watts
- Worship Coordinator – Jenna Wallin
- Alumni Representative – Warren Engell
Board of Directors – Morehead’s MSC is supported by an amazing group of individuals who serve on our Board of Directors. This group is committed to seeing the MSC succeed in fulfilling its goal of sharing the love of Jesus on campus and beyond. Members have four responsibilities:
1) Pray for the MSC’s witness & ministry to the MSU campus & community
2) Hold Drew accountable to his family obligations
3) Tell the story of what the Lord, Jesus Christ, is doing in &
amongst & through this ministry
4) To give financially to the ministry of the MSC, whether that is their own contributions, fundraising, or both!